This Privacy Notice is a source of information that explains how we, Be Yourself Clothing LTD, as a data controller under Article 30(1) of the UK GDPR processes your personal data using this website or other means, including any data you may provide through this website when you purchase a product or otherwise interact with us.
Processing is a broad term and includes (amongst other things) collecting, recording, storing, amending, reviewing, using and deleting personal data. Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The data controller decides how your personal data is processed and for what purpose. The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 2018.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Be Yourself Clothing is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11798153 and registered address 36 Fifth Avenue, Havant, Hampshire, United Kingdom, PO9 2PL.
If at any time you are concerned or have questions about how we might be handling your data, please write out to our Data Protection Officer at the address above.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Information collected by us
If you have registered with us, or ordered items from us, we will have your name, email address, telephone number, postal address and the method you chose to make your purchase with. We also collect information about how you use our services, such as types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
In addition, our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect certain information (see below) to help us administer, protect and improve our services; analyse usage and improve users’ experience. We share personal information with others only as described in this policy, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
Text Marketing and notifications (if applicable): By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 2 per month. You can unsubscribe from further text messages by clicking on the unsubscribe link, or reply to the message we send with STOP.
Information we collect automatically
- "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use a site. If you have an account with us, we may collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you log into our services. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information that we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system and hardware version
- Browser type and IP address
Log information: We also collect log information when you use our website including:
- Details about how you’ve engaged with us
- Device information, such as web browser type and language
- Access times
- Pages viewed
- IP address
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
- Pages you visit before or after navigating to our website
How we use your personal information
We use your information in several different ways. The table below sets this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
|Category of personal data||Purpose of processing||Legal basis under GDPR|
|Name and contact details||Delivery purchase to you||Performance of contract, Legitimate interests|
|Send you a message by email or text, such as order updates||Performance of contract, Legitimate interests|
|Send you information by email or post about our new products or services||Consent|
|Fraud prevention and detection||Legal obligation|
|Payment information (we don’t store this information)||Take payment and give refunds||Performance of a contract|
|Fraud prevention and detection||Legal obligation|
|Contact history with the company, incl. in writing, by phone, email, social media||Provide customer service and support||Performance of a contract, Legitimate interests|
|Train our staff||Legitimate interests|
|Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website||To improve our website||Legitimate interests|
|Fraud prevention and detection||Legal obligation|
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that get your order to you, such as call centres, payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE UK?
Personal data may be transferred outside the UK however whenever this is the case, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is attached to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the Information Commissioner in the UK, this includes under all “adequacy regulations”.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific countries approved by the Information Commissioner which give personal data the same protection it has in UK.
- Where we use service providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the UK and the US.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE KEPT?
We will hold on to your information for as long is needed to be able to provide the service to you and maintain our company transactional records, or where you have given consent to contact you with offers and other marketing purposes, until you notify us otherwise.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the service to you.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:
- Right to be informed - You have the right to be informed about how your personal data is being used - hopefully this Privacy Notice explains it all.
- Right to access - You have the right to access the personal data we hold on you which allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
- Right to rectification - You have the right to have personal data rectified if inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
- Right to erasure - You have the right in certain circumstances to have personal data erased, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- Right to restrict processing - You have the right to request the restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not use it.
- Right to object - You have the right to object to any personal data processing which is based on legitimate interests of the controller or public interest unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which are sufficient to override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to data portabilit - You have the right to request that, in the case of automated data only, where possible we transfer elements of your personal data to another data controller.
- Right to automated decision making and profiling - You have the right not to be subjected to decisions based solely on automated processing.
For further information on each of these rights, including circumstances in which they apply, please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website www.ico.org.uk
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you can make a request to us verbally, by email or in writing. You will be asked for information to identify yourself showing your name and address. The information will be provided by us within one month of request. We may extend the period of compliance by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you within one month of receipt of request and explain why the extension is necessary.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you feel any part of the processing of your personal data has not been handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We take your privacy very seriously and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate security measures are in place to protect personal data.
We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
UPDATING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We will occasionally review and, where necessary, update the privacy information in this Privacy Notice. Last reviewed 05/05/2021.